First and formost: Happy 26th to my wonderful sister, Min!
The latest… yup, there have been no weigh-in Thursdays for the last few weeks… I have been a BAD girl since Utah. I don’t think I’ve necessarily eaten all that badly, I just haven’t been tracking. Planning meals, and tracking every bite I eat sometimes just feels like a LOT (especially while traveling) and I haven’t gotten up the mental energy to start back up again. My plan is tomorrow… but by the latest, Tuesday.
I have a case of the womps tonight… something about having five days off work but spending them 90% alone, on a holiday weekend… even with things to do around the house, it’s lonely. Baking and crescents have helped with the womps. I also am attempting to catch up on my blog reading… and saw that sweet Kim at Latte and a Prayer nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award!
Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog. Answer the 15 questions the nominator left for you. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award with a link to their blog. Ask those bloggers 15 Questions.
Thanks so much for this award, Kim! It made my day! I love reading Kim’s blog… she’s very real and down to earth, and has lots of great posts about topics I love… nail polish, getting healthy, and a bit of fashion!
Here are Kim’s questions, with my answers!
- Where in the world would you most like to spend a 1-week vacation? I would love to go on a week-long cruise. Mediterranean would be great, but really anywhere. Just the ease of seeing a lot but being on a boat would be perfection. But I’d take a one week vacation anywhere right about now, so long as B was with me!
- What was your dream job growing up? Professional untangler. I really enjoyed de-tangling things, like jewelry or string. I actually did this in Utah at a Nordstrom Rack, I spent about twenty minutes untangling 8 or 9 necklaces from one another. I received no compensation.
- Favorite type of hot beverage? A brown cow latte from Holy Cow, Cupcakes… or any other drink that Colleen or Megan would make me there. I miss them and that job!
- Do you have any piercings or tattoos? I have three holes in each ear and one cartilage piercing. I also used to have a nose piercing and belly button piercing. No tattoos yet.
- Biggest deadline/project coming up? Getting all Christmas gifts purchased and sent on time!
- Favorite pair of shoes? My Rainbow flip flops. I would say my Uggs but they’re missing… I think I left them in Indiana and I think B’s ex-stepmom probably threw them away or sold them. Thanks.
- Are you superstitious? YES. I have to put on my left shoe first, and sometimes if I “tempt fate” (if I stop doing this, then XX will happen) and it works, I really stick with it. I also always kiss my hand and put it to the car roof when going through a yellow light.
- What are your plans for the rest of today? Attempt to bake cookies, probably watch TV… very boring.
- Are you crafty? What are some of your favorite projects? I am crafty but don’t execute much anymore. I used to paint birdhouses beautifully and would like to get back into that!
- Is there a movie that always makes you cry? I cry at Christmas commercials so it’s not hard. Probably some of the sad Disney movies… like Bambi, Dumbo, or The Fox and the Hound… animals + any amount of sadness = bawling KJ.
- If you had to eat one meal every single breakfast, lunch, AND dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza. Absolutely NO question about it. In fact, can I please do that?
- Favorite vacation/trip you’ve ever taken? The best place I ever went to was Taormina, Sicily. But, Salt Lake City was a very close second, just SO different. I’d love to spend more time in Utah, especially in the summer.
- Favorite tv show? Burn Notice. I love that show! Very close second would be whatever Real Housewives show is on.
- One thing you really wish you had right now? How about my nephew Charlie, can I steal him? Major baby fever right now. And a million dollars. ‘K thanks.
- Where do you hope to be in 5 years? 50/50 on whether we’ll be in Florida or not… I hope by then we have kids, and B has a 9-5 type job so we can spend time with him. And that we’re debt free or almost there.
- If you could domesticate any animal and have it as a pet, what would you choose?
- What U.S. city would you most like to live in? Least?
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- What stereotype/clique were you in during high school?
- If you had to eliminate a major holiday (Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas- those type) which would it be? Why?
- What is your favorite shape of pasta?
- What is your favorite season?
- If you could start over and pick a different profession, what path would you take?
- Let’s say reincarnation is real… what would you want to come back as?
- What TV show can you not stand to sit through an episode of?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is your favorite article of clothing that you own?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Would you give up wearing ALL makeup for a year for $1,000?
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
- Jessica from You Are My Color
- Anne from Hell on Heels
- Laura from The Luckiest in Love
- Nikki from The Fashionable Wife
- Monique from Monique Is
- Alyssa and/or April from Double Chin Diary
- Completely Random Sally
- Katie from Read. Write. Love.
And… anyone else who wants to play! Thanks again, Kim!
My Thirty Days of Thanks #23: today’s has three parts… first, that my wonderful sister was born today; second, that there were so many great online deals for Black Friday so I didn’t have to leave the house; third, that I do not have a second job that would make me work retail this year for this crazy shopping holiday!